Friday 21 November 2014

“It Hurts When People Call Me Gay, I Have a Steady Girlfriend”=Actor Benson Okonkwo



Nollywood actor Benson Okonkwo is constantly taunted with the nightmare of being referred to as gay no thanks to the type of roles he plays in movies.

Speaking to Punch in an interview – Benson insists his choice of movie roles isn’t enough to tag him gay. Plus, he reveals that he has a steady girlfriend in his life. In his words…
“They should understand that I am only acting and the roles have nothing to do with my personality. I get embarrassed when people mistake the part I play in a movie for reality and call me a gay. And to think that I have always said that I am not gay! It really hurts.
“I am not bothered by what people are saying about me. To be honest with you, if I felt that the comments were a big problem to me, I would have stopped granting interviews long ago. What my critics don’t know is that I have a steady girlfriend. But I won’t talk about her. I don’t like to talk about my private life,” he said

No comments:

Post a Comment