Tuesday 20 January 2015

Actress Georgina Onuoha Shares Very Emotional, Uplifting Post about her Failed Marriage!


Nollywood actress Georgina Onuoha used to be married to hubby Dr. Ifeanyi Igwegbe and together with their two beautiful daughters, pictured above, they were a happy family. Till things fell apart in 2012. But finally, after 3 years of dealing with the blow, Georgina found the courage and strength to talk about her painful experience. Her mistakes and her advice for every body going through a painful phase like this. Here's what she shared on her Facebook page on the 7th of January.
“It has taken almost four years to do this; it’s taken a lot of soul searching, prayers and counseling to get to this juncture. It’s not a breaking news that my almost a decade relationship is over.
While I do this with highest respect for my kids, family, friends, I also do owe you my fans my sincere gratitude for your support and prayers. A lot has been put out there on the internet about my marriage. I crave your indulgence to please pray for my family.

There are no victors or vanquish(ed). I still have tremendous respect for the father of my kids and I ask same from you all. He is a good man and a great father, the fact that this marriage did not work is our failures as two adults. I take full responsibility for the part I played in it.
While marriage ends, true friendship never dies. We remain good friends and great parents to our two lovely daughters. We will do our best to give them the best life has to offer. Once again, thanks for all your love and support through the years.
Sincerely yours, Georgina Onuoha.

“Ps: I leave this with you. Have you ever watched a film and a certain character or saying strikes a chord in your very soul and you think THAT IS JUST LIKE ME (?).
Yes?
Me too. I watched the film, The Holiday for the first time the other day. And I sobbed my heart out. Have you watched it? You should. A part of my soul resonated so loudly with Kate Winslet’s character, Iris it actually scared me.
I, at some point in my life, had felt the deep pain that she was feeling in that film.
And what pain was that? The pain of a broken heart. The pain of feeling worthless and used. The pain of having someone toy with your emotions repeatedly and relentlessly and view it as a game. I have felt that. I have lived that. It isn’t nice.
“If you have never had your heart broken, then I hope – with every fiber of my mended but scarred heart – that you never experience it. I really do. However, if you have experienced it, then I am talking to you. I know how you feel, believe me – I do.
Whether you have been lied to or warn (run) down, I want you to know this: No matter how bad it gets or how low you feel, you will come out of it. You will recover. Because you are special. TY”.

No comments:

Post a Comment