Monday 16 September 2013

Nollywood Actress Bukky Wright Opens Up On Allegations Of Lesbianism

bukky wright
There is this issue of lesbianism in the industry and some people have pointed the finger at you that you are the ring leader, but up till this moment, you have not come out to deny the allegation…
I will say that over the years, my skin has grown so thick that I don’t really care what people say about me. As far as I am happy within myself, I am okay. Nobody is going to make you thick except yourself. As long as I am happy, I don’t care whatever anybody says.
You haven’t answered my question?
The major price I have paid for being a celebrity is my privacy and it hurts so badly. I want to be able to sit down with the people that know me, walk on the street like any other person. I also want to stand by the roadside to buy roasted plantain, but this job won’t allow me to do that. I don’t have  to respond to everything people say about me.
But why do you think people could have fingered you in such a thing and not somebody else?
Let me tell you something, from my very first day in the industry, the first thing that crossed my mind was negative press. And, since the day I decided I want to grow, I said to myself, Bukky, it is not your life again.
Has this got to do with some of the roles you have played before?
People will always talk. They will say things that you don’t like. I think that one of the major problems  in the industry and why I have issues with people is because I don’t mix with them. Unfortunately, many people have misconstrued that. There are lots of people in this industry that would say, I have not seen Bukky Wright before. That is to tell you what I mean. Even If I am on location, I don’t talk. Those that we have known each other for a while, we sit down to gist and after that, we move on with our lives; it ends there.
But to some people, silence means consent?
I am not the kind of person that wants too many people on her side. I always love to be unpredictable. I have heard a lot of things like that. Same people will tell you Bukky Wright is a fighter; she likes to fight and harass people, but could you please ask them, how many people have they ever seen me fight before?  How many people could come out and say she met Bukky doing what they say I am doing or I have done?
How long are you going to remain silent about issues that are capable of ruining your career?
Everything in life has its pros and cons. If I don’t want people to talk about me, then I will have to become irrelevant. People are talking because I am relevant and they can relate with my person. Somebody that has never met or seen me before would talk as though we stay together under the same roof that is how far people could go just to talk.
So these things don’t make you feel sad?
As a human being, there are times that a false story will hit you, that you will feel so bad about it. I am human, but what will I do? I think I should thank God that they challenged God through me because the more they talk, the higher I go.
How does your husband react to some of these things?
Most of the time, he does not like seeing or hearing anything about that and he would want me to take an action that would serve as a deterrent to others, but I will say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment