Friday 12 December 2014

Woman narrates how she gave birth while in Boko Haram captivity


Nigerian woman (whose name was not given) who was kidnapped by Boko Haram militants while she was heavily pregnant narrated how she gave birth while in their captivity. The lady, who later escaped, was interviewed at one of the Internally Displaced camps in Adamawa where she is currently staying with her baby daughter.

"Boko Haram started chasing us and we left the town. Our men fled to the hill top and we fled to the hospital but Boko Haram came, they did not shoot. They just came silently. They filled the hospital. I was pregnant when they abducted me. After a week I gave birth. Four days after I gave birth, we were moved. We refused to convert and young men took us to another place. They told me if I renounce my religion, they would take me to the Muslim household to be married off but I told them I would not change my religion. They were going to kill us but the elders intervened. The woman I was with decided to go over the wall. The first one went and then we handed our children over the wall and that was how we escaped" she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment