Thursday 9 July 2015

2 Boys, 9 & 11 Would-Be Suicide Bombers Arrested In Adamawa


Two would-be suicide bombers have been arrested in Yola for attempting to sell an explosive device given to them by two men, the police have said. The boys were given the device to take to Bauchare, a suburb of Yola.
The bombers, aged 9 and 11, were arrested after they attempted to sell the improvised explosive device before it exploded injuring one of the suicide bombers. The incident occurred opposite Federal Road Safety Corp office, along Numan road, Yola.
“The two bombers are little boys,” a witness, who works at a fuel filling station close to the scene of the explosion, said. “I saw when they took the explosives to one baba that buys scraps and the baba said he is not going to buy because it was small, they left.
“I was standing here in this fuel filling station when those boys left the baba but just as they got to the road, there was an explosion. One of them was injured and they started running.”
Confirming the report, the Adamawa state Road Safety Corp Commander, Luka Ikpi, said, “When I heard the noise, I rushed out but I was told it was tyre that got burst. But the sound I heard was not that of tyre. So I asked my officer in charge of intelligence to find out.
“It was when he came back that he confirmed my fears, and told me that two little boys have been apprehended. I then arrested them and handed over them to the police,” Mr. Ikpi said.
Also the police bomb section confirmed the explosion, adding that the two boys were in their custody and more arrests have been made following information from the suspected suicide bombers.

No comments:

Post a Comment