Friday 15 July 2016

Bola Tinubu Is No God, Melaye Speaks Again


The All Progressives Congress member representing Kogi West Senatorial District, Senator Dino Melaye, on Thursday explained that he insulted Senator Oluremi Tinubu, during an executive session at the Senate after she referred to him as a thug.
Melaye, however, said he was willing to apologise if he had wronged any individual in the matter.
“If there are instances that I am not a super human being, if there are instances where as a human being I have reacted negatively I am also ready to be apologetic about it. But in this particular instance, I have never mentioned anybody’s name, I never even used insolent languages.
Reacting to the statement purportedly made by Remi Tinubu’s husband and leader of the All Progressives Congress, Chief Bola Tinubu on his political career, Melaye said the APC leader is no god and cannot determine his political career.
“I will continue to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves, I will continue to be a voice to the voiceless and in reaction I heard that Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu said my political career has come to an end.
“I want to say that Tinubu is no god. I fear only the God almighty, I fear no soul I only respect souls. So far my political journey to the House of Representatives and the Senate has no political, financial or moral contribution of Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
“The God who has brought me this far is mighty, strong and enough to take me further, what God has given me no man can give and what God has given to me no man can take. I want to assure you that this is the true story of what transpired.”

No comments:

Post a Comment