Tuesday 29 January 2013

Whitney Houston's brother revealed HE was the one who introduced her to drugs

Check out the view: Oprah Winfrey interviews the pair at Cissy's New Jersey waterfront mansion
It's been nearly a year since her beloved daughter Whitney Houston's shock death.
However, the pain of losing her is still understandably very raw for her mother Cissy Houston.
The gospel singer, 79, broke down during an interview with Oprah Winfrey as she recalled the moment her eldest son Gary Garland told her her daughter was dead.
In the interview for Oprah's OWN network, Whitney's other brother Michael admitted he was the one who first introduced her to drugs.
Emotional: Cissy Houston breaks down as she recalls the moment she found out her daughter Whitney had died
Michael's confessions ends years of speculation that Whitney's ex-husband Bobby Brown was responsible for introducing the singer to her dangerous lifestyle.
Interviewed at her home in New Jersey, Cissy tells Oprah of her disbelief when she received the fateful phonecall from Gary on February 11 last year.
Whitney, known as Nippy to her family, was found unresponsive in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton after drowning. Tests later showed she had been taking cocaine.
Guilt: Michael battled his own drug demons and has been clean for four months
She said: 'My son called me and he was screaming, "Mom, Mommy," Then, oh God. I said, "What is wrong, what's wrong?" He just said, "Nippy. Nippy." I said, "What's wrong with Nippy?"
'He said, "I don't know, I can't go back up there (Whitney's hotel room).... They found Nippy." I said, "They found her what, what?"
'And I was getting annoyed because he wasn't telling me anything. He said, "Mommy..." I said, "Is she dead?" And he said, "Yeah, Mommy, she's dead." And I don't remember too much else after that.'
A mother's love: Cissy and a teenage Whitney

Close-knit: Whitney and her two older brothers Michael and Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment