Tuesday 19 March 2013

“I am still in charge” – NSCDC Commandant, Shem Obafaiye, speaks on suspension, Channels interview

My Oga

Mr. Obafaiye Shem, the Lagos State Commandant of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, has denied reports that he has been suspended from work and insisted that he is still in charge of the command.
The Commandant has become an Internet hit, after his Channels TV interview, where he could not give the correct NSCSC’s website on air. However, he says his ‘Oga at the top’ has not suspended him and he was on casual leave, to perform the burial rites of his father, Pa Michael Obafaiye, who died last month and will resume work next Thursday.
Shem, who recently marked 100 days in office, says he will attend to pending files as soon as he is back on seat and that nothing will distract him.
”I am still the State Commandant of NSCSC and I am determined to work hard to expose the vandals across the State,” he said.
He also denied that his wife visited the headquarters of Channels TV to protest, stating that, ”my wife was in the village with me for my father’s burial and there is no way she could have visited the television station to carry out a protest. She is a learned person and somebody of that caliber would not have been involved in such a jinx. I see all these as a distraction which is not enough to hinder me from achieving my goal in Lagos State.”

1 comment:

  1. Uchenna Joyce Onyechi19 March 2013 at 18:29

    U still get mouth 2 talk abii?keep it low 4 ur own good.u sing like a bird.Mr Shem

    ReplyDelete