Wednesday 20 March 2013

"I used to be a prostitute' singer Maheeda



Caroline Sam, now known as Maheeda was raised an orphan and hit the streets at the young age of 13. With no one to take care of her she turned to prostitution but has since given her life to Christ. The married mother of one opened up about her past life to The Sun News:
Yeah, I was a prostitute and I’m not ashamed to say it. It’s past tense and we all have our past. The beauty of it is that if Christ has done something in your life and you can’t say it, what is the need? I think I went through all that so I can really speak out. I have been through all that so I can speak, talk to the girls who are still into it and make myself an example. Although, it’s not nice for people to hear and it’s not something to be proud of but for the sake of those prostitutes outsides, I have to say it.


At what point did you decide to stop prostitution and what made you stop?
That’s actually a very good question because even after getting married I still have this urge of going out to meet a man. But I felt it should not be so. I’m trying to let people know there is a spirit behind prostitution, if not, why after getting married, I have everything, I live in Lekki, I’m driving a very big car and my husband gives me whatever I want, so why would I still feel like going into prostitution? There is a spirit behind it. I continued prostitution even after getting married. The only thing that changed me was being born again and being delivered.

That means you kept long list of men while you were doing secular music?
Yeah. I was so bad that if I had this boy friend and he messed up I just moved to the next one. That was basically why I did the track, Oko Yapa (husbands are numerous). They were not given me money so if you messed up I moved to the next because there were many of them.

It means you have a very high libido that if this guy is not getting it right you try the next one?
(Laughter) Oh my God. Is that the truth?  No o! I think I was just bad that I used to judge them at every slight mistake. I was bad that if I was with my boyfriend and I saw a fine boy, I would still make passes at him. The devil makes us think it’s in our nature but its not so.

Some say you changed your way because you got married?
That is not true. My husband is white and you know white people support their wives. My husband said he didn’t want to be involved in my career and I should also keep his daughter out of it. I was actually praying for it before he said it. My husband has been very supportive for years; he took me to South Africa to shoot my first video. He has spent millions on my career.

How long have you been married and how many kids do you have together?
We have been married for about two years but there’s no child yet. I had my daughter before I met him but he adopted my daughter.

How did you both meet and what is keeping you from having children for him?
I met him in Port Harcourt eleven years ago; we have been together before my music. We are waiting on the Lord for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment