Tuesday 25 June 2013

Update: Baby Flushed Down The Toilet – (My Baby Has Turned Me Into A Celebrity – Undergraduate Mother)

oyinlola rotimi
When the news first broke, a lot of people vilified her. It was reported that she wanted to get rid of what many would describe as a bundle of joy. People thus wondered why a 22-year-old undergraduate would try to flush away her baby in one of the toilets in Moremi Hall, her hall of residence at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State.
In spite of the trauma she had passed through since last Wednesday, the student, a native of Ijabe,  a border town between Osun and Kwara states, says she is happy that the embarrassment she received from the controversy that surrounded the birth of her baby has turned into a blessing for her. She says the baby’s birth has made her more popular and important in the society.
 “Right now, I can call myself a celebrity and definitely I’m going to be greater than a celebrity. My baby too is going to be great. Look at the circumstance that surrounds his birth, just some days old, he is already all over in the news around the world and everybody is happy to see him or hear about his story.  He will surely go beyond where I am now. He has turned me into a kind of celebrity. ”
Thank God the story had a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment