Sunday 14 July 2013

American runner,Tyson Gay tests positive to banned substances


American sprinting champ, Tyson Gay has tested positive for a banned substance and is expected to pull out of the world championships scheduled to hold next month in Moscow.
Gay, who wouldn't reveal the substance, said he was notified by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency late last week that a sample came back positive from a May 16 out-of-competition test. He said he will have his "B'' sample tested soon, possibly as early as this week.
"I don't have a sabotage story. I don't have any lies. I don't have anything to say to make this seem like it was a mistake or it was on USADA's hands, someone playing games," said Gay, who fought back sobs as he spoke. "I don't have any of those stories. I basically put my trust in someone and I was let down."

No comments:

Post a Comment