Sunday 22 May 2016

‘I never collected money from IK Uche when we're dating ’ – Uche Jombo


Nollywood actress, Uche Jombo, who recently celebrated her fourth wedding anniversary with her Puerto Rican husband, Kenney Rodriguez, has refuted claims she was financially dependent on ex-boyfriend Ikechukwu Uche.

Speaking with Kehinde Bankole of Broadway Africa recently, the ‘Wives on Strike’ actress said:
‘It’s always insulting to me, that line of thought, because even while I was in that
relationship, I had members of his family think some of my cars were his and he has never given me money, which he knows. Never!’, she emphatically stated.
She further clarified:
‘I have been working since I was 14 years old. I personally saw myself through school, not just me, even my younger ones. So, I have always been my own person, I have never needed a man to define me and I have always known that whoever I ended up with is the lucky one.
‘When I walked out of that relationship and said I was done, I wasn’t interested in what anybody was saying. I was done. At a point I said to myself, I would rather invest this time in me and in my company.‘
She however had affectionate words to say about her husband of four years.
‘When I met Kenny and I saw the relationship he had with his mum, I totally knew he was husband material. The way you treat your mum tells a girl how you can treat her,’ she recalled.
‘If you don’t have respect for your mum, you’re never ever going to have respect for your wife.’

No comments:

Post a Comment