Monday 30 June 2014

Why I Refused To Bury My Late Husband For 11 Months – Prophet Ajanaku’s Wife

ajanaku_n_wife1
In a month’s time, it will be exactly a year that controversial Lagos Prophet, Ireti Ajanaku of the Christ Revival Victory Church died. The light-skinned Pastor, who died in controversial circumstances got so many of his church members asking questions. This is because of the allegations laid against him that he belonged to different secret cults. That is not all, while people were trying to come to terms with what exactly killed him, the question of who would bury him between his wife, Joy and his family became a very big issue.
Perhaps the biggest fallout of his death is the fact that 11 months after Ajanaku died, he is yet to be buried. The thinking within the late prophet’s household right now is that it’s time for him to be finally committed to mother earth. Last week, City People had an interview with Pastor Ajanaku’s wife on the real reasons she failed to bury her husband and why she has suddenly had a change of heart.


You are the wife of Pastor Iretiola Ajanaku, many don’t know anything about you?
My name is Joy Ireti-Ola Ajanaku. I am from Osun State. I grew up in Lagos, Iju suburb precisely. I went to primary and secondary school around Iju, Agege.

 How did you meet the late Pastor Ajanaku?
I met him in a miraculous way. I know it was miraculous because I was not thinking of getting married then. All I was thinking about was how to be a Pharmacist. But man’s thinking is not of God. Sometimes, what we want for ourselves might not be good because it is only God, the creator who knows what is good for us. So I believe it’s my destiny.
I never had the mind of getting married to a man of God but when God says yes, nobody can say no. When I met Prophet Ajanaku, I was staying at Iju and he was staying somewhere around Agbado. My own house was on the second street but I never met him. I never met him before that day despite the fact that I had a friend in front of his house then. His house was at Mosalashi Bus Stop. I used to go to my friend’s house but never met him. My daddy, that is what I call him. He is my life.
So that day, a woman in my mother’s house said he wanted to introduce me to a man of God and I said for what. Whenever I saw the woman I would run. So that day, she asked me to accompany her to see him. She said she just wanted me to meet him. I never knew God has told my Daddy that his wife was coming to meet him tomorrow. I never knew he got that manifestation. My Daddy loved to have witnesses around him when anything was going on. He said God told him I was his wife (smile). That woman forced me for success and accomplishment for the materialisation of the destiny of my life. She didn’t allow me to even think about it at all. When we got to that street, I told him I know the street because it was the street where I schooled.

Was he staying in a flat or mansion?
No we can call it “half flat” not mini flat. Looking at the house, you would be scared to enter the house. You think that the house would collapse on you. When I entered, he later said God has told him I was his wife. He said he was expecting a lady who had passed through a Theology school. I was expecting a Deacon or somebody who was well versed in the Bible and all the rest.

 Did he say that?
No, he said that was what was running in his mind then. So after greeting the woman, we exchanged pleasantries and that was how it started.

What attracted you to him?
Well you know he used to say that if you say you don’t want your wife to be beautiful, why don’t you go to Railway to pick a handicap? He said even if you are a man of God, must you go for a handicapped wife to show you are a man of God? His looks was the first attraction.

How many years were you married to him?
It would have been 11 years this month.

So who is the New General Overseer of this church?
I am not the General Overseer, my daddy is still the General Overseer of this church. I am the second in command.

 How do you intend to move this ministry forward?
It won’t be by my power or might but by the grace of God of Elijah Ajanaku, I will surely move forward. My husband is in me and both of us are in God. He made me to be close to God. Though I was a Christian by birth but I was not born-again, I didn’t know whom Jesus Christ is until I came across him. He showed and took me to God. He made me love serving God and do the Will of God. I believe he is not dead like I said. I will continue to say that.

No matter who you are if you call him a late Prophet, I will correct you immediately. No matter your position on earth, I will correct you immediately. What you call man of God is not the body but spirit. God said those that will worship me must do that in the spirit. God has nothing to do with the body. If spirit can walk without the body and the body can not do anything, my husband is alive.

Don’t you think his shoes are too big for you?
I believe that since I am in my husband and he is in me and both of us are in God, everything is possible. Even after his body slept, lots of miracles have taken place. I used to say he is not around bodily. If he is dead, no miracles would have been taking place and many calamities would have befell us. The legacy that he left behind, God in his mercy will let me sustain it. If he is dead, his ministry would have been shut down.

What will you miss about him?
A lot. In terms of spiritual aspect, I believe I still enjoy his grace. I will miss him a lot. Is it the way he calls me… Nobody can use his tone, I find solace in the fact that he is a man of God. I am not mourning. There is no mourning in the Kingdom of God. That is why we are not crying.

How supportive are your husband’s family?
I don’t have any grudges against them.

It took you 11 months to bury him, why is it so?
Well, Ajanaku himself picked this day July 17. It is part of what I discovered in me. Its is part of his misery that made me say that he has what other men of God don’t have. 7 is a perfect number. Everything about his life had something in common with 7. I know it is not a coincidence. It is divine ordination from God Almighty. Like his date of birth, his house address where we were was number 17. All the tenants in the house were 17. The land where we have the house was given to him. That was the only land that we have on the street and why is it 17. The church address is 17 too. That is how God has been handling his life.

What is your message for the elders who left?
They should go back to God. We didn’t force them to come to this ministry. This is why he has several children even outside ministry. He is a selfless man. He gives outsiders attention more than members.

Do you have top Pastors who are closer to your ministry?
I don’t want to talk about them. I believe that if really they are men of God, they should be able to go on their knees and ask if he is a man of God. Why do I even have to blame elders who left the church.

Who are the men of God who are closer to your husband?
I don’t want to mention names. Several of them used to come around then. Now they are no where to be found. It is those who were not closer to him that now care about us and our ministry. There was also a man of God that they said there is something about him and Ajanaku? They said my husband initiated him into Ogboni. When people tell him to comment on Ajanaku, he will say he has nothing to say. I thank God for the Pastor’s life.

 You are beautiful, do you intend giving marriage another shot?
Well, my marriage is blessed with two kids. I told you my husband is not dead. My family members are mature and they see me as a separate being. I don’t resemble my mum or dad. I am a special being. So all my family know I am a separate being. So there won’t be any issue about remarrying. So they can’t force me to remarry. My mother seeks advice from me as she sees me as her spiritual mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment