Monday 28 December 2015

T. B Joshua proposed to me first day we met –Wife


Prophet T.B Joshua and wife, Evelyn have been married for 25  years. She celebrated her 47th birthday this month and in an interview with Sunday Sun, Evelyn who is from Delta reflects on her life with the man of God from Ondo state.Read more after the cut....


Please, tell us how you met.
Yes, I have said it before and it’s still the same. Hmmm… how do I call it? It’s just a divine arrangement. It’s a long story but anyway we met and the only surprising thing there was that, it was the day I met him that he proposed to me.

Wow, really? On his knees? How did he do it?
Straight forward (Laughs).

He said ‘I like you. I want to marry you’ just like that?
Yes, but really I was skeptical because it was strange, so, I just want to thank God that it really worked out. Like I said earlier, we have been together for the past 25 years and it’s working out fine.

Most people believe that pastors are not romantic. They fast and pray all the time. Is Prophet T. B Joshua romantic?
He’s a great man.

Great man on bed?
Hmmm… I don’t know. I wouldn’t know because no woman would love to discuss her husband to that level, but I think he’s a good man.

When you were getting mar­ried, was he deep in religion like now? 
Yes, I met him as a prophet. I told you I don’t want to go into details but I actu­ally went to his place.

Some people don’t under­stand your husband, they say he’s a mysterious man with mysterious powers, when you read such stories, how do you react? 
I know it’s not true. They don’t know him, he’s not a strange man, he’s not a mysterious man; he’s just dedicated to his work. He is a man who has the fear of God in him, that is it. Those stories don’t move me at all because they don’t seem to understand him.

Mama, do you feel fulfilled marrying a prophet and hav­ing three beautiful, intelli­gent children, all girls?
Yes, I feel fulfilled. I don’t even know I don’t have any son because I have lots of boys around me. In this part of the world, most especially, from where I am from, people cherish male children, but my husband didn’t give me any reason to think of that.

You mean you are not under pressure from him or his fam­ily to have male children? 
Not at all! I believe when you make that a problem, you begin to see it as a problem before you. But it’s not a prob­lem to me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment